The Kano state government reacted to the court’s ruling nullifying the four new first-class emirates created by the state government saying it still recognises them as first class Emirs.
The state’s information commissioner, Muhammad Garba, said: “despite the ruling, the government still recognizes them as First Class Emirs and will continue dealing with them as such.”
The four new emirates for which Governor Abdullahi Ganduje named first-class emirs in May are Bichi, Rano, Karaye and Gaya.
The Kano High court had earlier nullified the creation of the four new first-class emirates by the state’s government.
Read statement below:
KNSG ACTS ON RULING, STILL RECOGNISES EMIRS
Kano State Government says it is studying the ruling of Kano High Court on the creation of four new Emirates in the state with a view to taking immediate appropriate action.
A statement signed by the state Commissioner of Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, regretted that despite the constitutional power and authority conferred on the State Assembly on such progressive and important issue, the court rules otherwise.
Accordingly therefore, the statement adds, the Government will not fold its arms and concedes such constitutional power in the interest of the wellbeing of the people and general development of the state.
Malam Garba says despite the ruling, the government still recognizes them as First Class Emirs and will continue dealing with them as such.
It says the state government therefore advised people to be calm, law abiding and await further action.
MALAM MUHAMMAD GARBA
Commissioner of Information
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020