Abia state has confirmed two new cases of Coronavirus on Monday, April 20, 2020.
The state government has issued a press statement on this and it reads:
On the direction of the Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, we have deployed our ventilators to the isolation center in readiness for their use if eventually required to nurse them back to good health. Our well trained medical personnel are offering all necessary support and we hope and pray the patients survive this ailment.
Contact tracing has commenced in earnest and our rapid response team is currently moving to bring in those who may have had contact with the two index cases.
Meanwhile, the result of “Prosper Vincent” returned negative and he will promptly be released from isolation.
We wish to call on our people not to panic but continue to observe all the guidelines issued by NCDC and the state inter-ministerial committee on COVID-19:
-Stay at home unless there is a compelling need to go out either to buy drugs or food. Do so with your face mask on
– Wash your hands regularly with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds or use original hand sanitizers to clean them
– Observe social distancing and also avoid crowds
– Do not open any market to trade and, please, stop using public transport until further notice.
Based on the age of the patients, we are looking at a possible community transmission and will strongly advice that all those who may have come in contact with the two individuals who hail from Ukwa and Umuahia North areas of the state immediately call 0700 2242 362.
The Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, will be addressing the media tomorrow on this development in Abia.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commasioner for Information, Abia State
- BREAKING: ECOWAS Building In Abuja On Fire - August 5, 2020
- #BBNaija: KiddWaya Confirms ‘Doing it’ Erica [VIDEO] - August 5, 2020
- #BBNaija: Viewers Angry At ‘Kayode’ For Not Capturing Ozo & Nengi Shower Moment - August 5, 2020