Senate President Ahmad Lawan, has insisted that just the National Directorate of Employment will be fully in charge of the exercise designed to recruit 774,000 youths across Nigeria.
Odunews.com reports how a face-off ensued between lawmakers and the Minister of State for Labour, Festus Keyamo, over the recruitment process of the 3-month scheme.
Speaking on the recruitment process during an interactive session with journalists in Abuja, the Lawan said that the NDE will fully be in charge of the recruitment process.
He however stated that the NDE and the Ministry Labour and Productivity must first explain the modalities for the recruitment process.
He said, “Only NDE will implement this programme. The NDE led by the ministry of labour will have to come and explain.
“It will be unfair to say that we in the legislature and executive are not on the same page because of an action by someone in the executive.
“What the National Assembly is insisting on is in national interest.”
The National Assembly had last week asked the President General Muhammadu Buhari, to suspend the programme, following a face-off between one of his ministers and the joint panel of the two chambers of the federal parliament.
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020