Chairman of the newly formed Caretaker Committee of the All Progressives Congress and Yobe state Governor, Mai Bala Buni, has reacted to insinuations that the steps being taken by the party are to spite the party’s national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Speaking to journalists after the emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee of the party at the Presidential Villa, Mr Buni said such claims are false.
He noted that the former Lagos state governor is also working with the NEC to rescue the party.
He said: “Bola Tinubu is one of our leaders and a founding father of this party, I want to say nobody is happy with the current situation under which the party is operating and we are all working together to rescue the party.
“So, this decision was taken by NEC to address some of the issues so nobody is targeted and it is against nobody.
“Tinubu is a founding father of this party and one of our leaders. That is all I can say for now.”
Odunews.com reports that the National Executive Council of the APC dissolved the National Working Committee and floated a “Caretaker Committee And Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee” to oversee the affairs of the party.
Speaking on how ge plans to resolve the crisis rocking the party, the Yobe state governor said: “As a former two-term National Secretary of the APC, I know the party very well and it is all about doing justice to every member of the party because without justice there wouldn’t be peace.
“It is all about team play, I am a team player and I have a capable team that can work with me and if you don’t manage a crisis, obviously the crisis will manage you so I won’t allow any crises to fester henceforth.
See full list of members of the committee below:
1. Governor Mai Bala Buni (Yobe) Chairman
2. Isiaka Oyetola, Governor Osun (South West)
3. Ken Nnamani (South East)
4. Stella Okorete – Women Rep
5. Governor Sani Bello (North Central)
6. Dr. James Lalu (Physically challenged)
7. Sen. Abubakar Yusuf (Senate Rep)
8. Hon. Akinyemi Olaide (House of Reps)
9. David Lyon (South South)
10. Abba Ari (North West)
11. Prof. Tahir Mamman (North East)
12. Ismail Ahmed (Youths)
13. Sen. Akpan Udoedehe (Secretary)
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020