The Presidency has reacted to the resolution of the Senate calling for the Service Chiefs to resign over the increasing spate of insecurity in the country.
Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, said the decision to sack the service chiefs rest solely with the President.
He further stated that President Buhari will do what is best for the country “at all times”.
“The senate Tuesday adopted a resolution calling on the service chiefs to resign or be sacked due to the multi-pronged security challenges in the country,” Adesina said in a statement.
“The presidency notes the resolution, and reiterates that appointment or sack of service chiefs is a presidential prerogative, and President Muhammadu Buhari, in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, will do what is in the best interest of the country at all times.”
Odunews.com had earlier reported that the upper chamber passed a motion for the removal of the Service Chiefs over the increasing number of casualties among the Nigerian Army.
Ali Ndume, senator representing Borno south and chairman of the committee on army, moved a motion for the removal of service chiefs.
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020