The 18,000 seater Eket Stadium Is progressing Nicely and is billed for opening Q1 of 2022.
Here are picture updates on the construction journey so far:
- Roofing, Tartan track, turf, are completed
- Cladding, seats painting and finishing ongoing.
- Eket Stadium will be open to the public first Quarter of 2022.
The Eket leaders who were shown round facilities at the stadium expressed appreciation to the Governor for the project and urged that the stadium be complimented with ancillary facilities outside the complex.
Chairman of Eket Frank Archibong, said he had always been confident of the sincerity of the Governor towards the project, adding that he has always paid impromptu visits to monitor the quality of work and has never been disappointed.
“Since the state has more than one football team in the elite division, we would like one of the teams to make Eket its home ground to afford Eket people access to quality top flight football”, Mr Archibong added, maintaining that he will also institute sporting activities for school children and youths of the area.
The façade, the astro turf, the tartan tracks and seats are ready to be installed at the stadium, the Commissioner said while showing the stakeholders round the facility.
Others in the delegation were renowned Professor of Communication, Desmond Wilson, former House of Representatives member Bassey Dan Abia jr, former Commissioner Ita Umoh Udoh, permanent secretary in the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Nsudo Nsudo, state PDP Treasurer Akpadiaha Ebitu, Eket PDP Chairman, Emmanuel Mbong, among others.
- Sunday Igboho’s Aides Finally Freed After 61 Days In DSS Custody - August 30, 2021
- Roy Keane Describes Ronaldo As ‘Greedy, Selfish Player’ - August 30, 2021
- ASUU Strike Looms As FG Gets Tuesday Ultimatum To Meet Demands - August 30, 2021