In a sweeping move aimed at enhancing governance and efficiency within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), the Honourable Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike, has taken the decisive step of dismissing the heads of 21 critical parastatals, agencies, and government companies operating under the aegis of the FCT Administration.
This landmark announcement was conveyed to the public by Mr. Anthony Ogunleye, the Director of Press in the Office of the Minister, during a press statement held in Abuja on Wednesday.
The directive, issued by Minister Nyesom Wike, takes effect immediately, with the assurance that appointments to these vital positions will be forthcoming in due course.
Mr. Ogunleye also stipulated that the outgoing appointees are required to seamlessly hand over the responsibilities of their respective offices to the most senior officers in rank, ensuring a smooth transition of operations.
The parastatal heads affected by the Minister’s directive are as follows:
1. Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Abuja Investment Company Ltd: Responsible for the strategic investment activities of the FCT.
2. CEO/Managing Director (MD), Abuja Markets Management Ltd: Overseeing the management and regulation of markets within the FCT.
3. MD/CEO, Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company: In charge of urban mass transit services in the capital city.
4. CEO/MD, Abuja Property Development Company: Managing property development initiatives in the FCT.
5. CEO/MD, Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company: Overseeing technology-related trade zones and investments.
6. CEO/MD, Abuja Film Village International: Managing the operations and development of the Abuja Film Village.
7. CEO/MD, Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd: Responsible for equipment leasing services.
8. MD, Abuja Broadcasting Corporation: Overseeing media and broadcasting services in the FCT.
9. MD, Abuja Enterprise Agency: Managing programs and initiatives to promote entrepreneurship.
10. General Manager, FCT Water Board: In charge of water supply and distribution within the FCT.
11. Director-General (DG), FCT Emergency Management Agency: Responsible for disaster management and response.
12. Executive Secretary, FCT Primary Healthcare Board: Overseeing primary healthcare initiatives.
13. DG, Hospital Management Board: Managing healthcare facilities within the FCT.
14. Director, Abuja Environmental Protection Board: In charge of environmental protection and regulation.
15. Director, FCT Scholarship Board: Responsible for scholarship programs within the FCT.
16. Director, FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board: Overseeing Christian pilgrimage activities.
17. Director, Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board: Managing Muslim pilgrimage activities.
18. Coordinator, Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center: Responsible for infrastructure investment initiatives.
19. Director, FCT Health Insurance Scheme: Overseeing health insurance programs.
20. Coordinator, Satellite Towns Development Department: Managing development in satellite towns around the FCT.
21. Coordinator, Abuja Metropolitan Management Council: Overseeing the management and planning of the Abuja metropolis.
This bold move by Minister Nyesom Wike is anticipated to inject fresh vigor into the administration of the FCT and is eagerly awaited by stakeholders across the board.
The forthcoming appointments to these key positions are expected to reflect the government’s commitment to good governance, accountability, and improved service delivery within the Federal Capital Territory.