Celebrities are often measured by the amount of following they have on social media. We live in a world that has become a global village and fans often want to identify with music artists, actors, politicians, etc, so they can be up to date in the lives of such famous personalities.
At OduNews.com, we have carefully compiled a list of the 10 most followed celebrities in Nigeria, taking into account two major social media platforms – Instagram and Twitter. So, let’s see who made the list.
MOST FOLLOWED NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES ON INSTAGRAM
- Davido (13.7 million): Coming in at number one, he is arguably the man of the moment; someone who has had a most profitable and rewarding year, David Adeleke a.k.a. Davido, with an astonishing 13.7 million followers.
It’s no surprise that the music star has such a massive fan base as he is often shown love wherever he goes. For this young man, the sky is only the beginning.
- Funke Akindele-Bello (9.1 million): Nigerian actress, producer and entrepreneur who is popularly known as “Jenifa” based on her role in comic series, “Jenifa’s Diary”.
Funke Akindele is also the CEO of SceneOne Productions, producers of Ayetoro, Industreet, My Siblings & I and other web series.
- Yemi Alade (9.1 million): Yemi Alade takes the second spot on our list with an outstanding 9.1 million followers on Instagram. This is no minor achievement as she has topped a lot of other celebs to occupy the prestigious position.
The energetic singer and performer sure knows how to spark the fire in her fans and they have reciprocated by sticking to her like glue. Congrats, girl!
- Tiwa Savage (9 million): Africa’s bad girl is number three with a commanding 9 million. Tiwa was international even before we knew it and her collabo with Beyonce on The Lion King album shows how much influence she wields. Tiwa is on cloud 9 right now as everything she touches turns to gold, and her fans are witnesses to her ascension.
- Wizkid (8.8 million): This list wouldn’t be complete or even concrete without the one and only Starboy being on it. Raking in 8.8 million followers on Instagram is no joke and Wizzy makes living life on the fast lane seem so easy.
What he lacks in size, he definitely makes up in numbers; from his bank accounts to sold-out concerts, and his ever-increasing fan base. Wizkid is indeed a force to be reckoned with.
- Mr P (7.6 million): Despite having cut off from the duo known as P-Square, Peter Okoye has never slowed down. His incredible 7.6 million fans can testify to that and a glimpse of his activities on Instagram will make you a believer.
They say what goes up must come down. Well, it seems the law of gravity doesn’t apply to Mr. P as he has only ever continued to soar higher
- Don Jazzy (7.5 million): The only music producer to make the list, Don Jazzy comfortably takes the 6th spot with 7.5 million pairs of eyes tapping into his genius. The chubby music titan and businessman has success running through his veins and his legacy is being cemented.
- AY Makun (7.1 million): He makes people laugh for a living, and he is so damn good at it! AY occupies the number of perfection with a staggering 7.1 million followers. With an impressive list of movies added to his resume, the rib-cracking, fun-loving comedian is as humble as one can get and fans totally love that!
- Tekno (6.8 million): Tekno Miles may be controversial but it is hard to deny that his talent has made the figures speak for him more than words ever could. Making number 8 is good enough for the Pana crooner and 6.8 million fans dig his style. Instagram users show him love and he occasionally responds with giveaways. For Tekno, life is sweet.
- Genevieve Nnaji (6.5 million): Acting comes easily to this screen goddess and she demonstrated that she is a beauty with brains with her directorial debut in Lionheart.
Genevieve Nnaji makes 6.5 million Instagram users swoon, and they love her the more for it.
Having explored the celebrities’ huge fan following on Instagram, we have outlined the ten with the most followers on Twitter. Some celebs from our Instagram list also made it here (which is not at all surprising). Check out the list below:
MOST FOLLOWED NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES ON TWITTER
- Davido (5.7 million)
- Wizkid (5.1 million)
- Don Jazzy (3. 8 million)
- Tiwa Savage (3.3 million)
- D’banj (2.9 million)
- Olamide (2.7 million)
- 2Baba (2.5 million)
- Mr P (2.1 million)
- Ice Prince (2.1 million)
- Genevieve Nnaji (1.9 million)
- Netflix’s ‘The Devil All The Time’ Debuts Impressive Poster [PHOTO] - August 10, 2020
- Netflix Unshaken In Number One Position Among The Streaming Services With The Most Subscribers - August 10, 2020
- ‘Wizard: Tales Of Arcadia’ Series Review: Netflix’s Animated Show Is The Pinnacle Of Blockbuster Entertainment - August 10, 2020