Governors of states in the Northern part of Nigeria have rejected the total disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum and Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong, disclosed this to journalists after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Thursday.
Lalong said the defunct police unit had been useful in the fight against insecurity in the region.
According to him, SARS was not made up of bad elements alone as it also included personnel doing their work diligently.
He said what was needed was the reformation of the unit to enable it to discharge its functions optimally.
Lalong, however, acknowledged that there were divisions in the country concerning the continued existence of the unit.
- Edo Police Parade 126 Suspects For Jail-break, Looting, Others - October 28, 2020
- #EndSARS Protesters Might Return To The Streets In Two Weeks And Here Is Why - October 28, 2020
- BREAKING: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is Officially The New DG of WTO - October 28, 2020