The United States president has made another bold statement again stating how the Iran “appears to be standing down” after it targeted air bases housing US forces in Iraq.
The American president said there were no US or Iraqi casualties in the attacks, and the bases suffered only minimal damage. Trump also mentioned the fact that Americans should be grateful.
OduNews earlier reported the attacks on the Irbil and Al Asad bases on Wednesday morning.
Iran said they were a retaliation for the assassination of top Iranian General Qasem Soleimani last week.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) January 8, 2020
The killing in a US drone attack was a major escalation in already deteriorating relations between Iran and the US.
Mr Trump said the US would immediately impose additional financial and economic sanctions on Iran, which would remain until it “changed its behaviour”.
The US president has previously threatened military action against Iran if it targeted US personnel and bases, but on this occasion, he stopped short of this.
- APC Suspends Council Chairman In Nasarawa State - September 23, 2020
- Sex Therapist, Angela Nwosu Gifts Her Husband A Mercedes Benz As Birthday Gift - September 23, 2020
- Rotimi Akeredolu Commissions Sunshine Chocolate Factory In Idanre - September 22, 2020