Below are 9 facts you should know about Datti Baba-Ahmed
1. Datti Baba-Ahmed, aged 46, is born to the wealthy and popular family of Baba-Ahmed family in Zaria, Kaduna. His father was a cattle trader from modern-day Mauritania
2. Other members of his family are popular journalists Khalifa Baba Ahmed and Mahmood Baba Ahmed.
3. He attended the University of Maiduguri where he bagged both Bachelors and Masters degree in Economics. He started his career at the Nigeria Security Printing and Minting after which he joined First Bank.
4. Baba-Ahmed is the proprietor of Baze University, Abuja and Baba-Ahmed University Kano.
5. He contested in the 2022 governorship primary of the Peoples Democratic Party in Kaduna state but lost to Isah Ashiru.
6. Baba-Ahmed was elected as a House of Representatives member for Zaria Federal Constituency on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party in 2003.
7. In 2006, while a Federal representative, he earned the title of Doctor of Philosophy when he completed his PhD studies at the University of Westminster in the United Kingdom.
8. He was a vocal critic of the 3rd term agenda of President Olusegun Obasanjo.
9. Baba-Ahmed won the Kaduna North Senatorial seat in April 2011, and he occupied the seat from 2011 to 2012