This is as defendants accepted to tender written apology to Lagos State Government, issue undertaking to comply with directive on lockdown and social distancing and stay in isolation for the next 14 days.
The state government has agreed to withdraw the charge against the three defendants based on their remorsefulness but subsequent upon them fulfilling three conditions.
They were therefore not arraigned before the Magistare Court sitting in Ogba today, April 8.The conditions are:
1) They have to write a formal apology to the Government of Lagos State which will solidify the remorsefulness shown by them.
(2) They have to give an undertaking in writing that they will continue to comply with the directives of Mr President and Mr Governor which is the subject matter of the case before the court.
(3) In view of the danger which the state believes they’ve put themselves by attending a gathering exceeding 20 persons, they must agree to go on 14 days isolation to protect other members of the public from any likely danger.
The defendants through their counsel all agreed to the conditions and the court has adjourned till tomorrow for the prosecutor to brief the court on whether all the conditions have been met failing which they will be arraigned.
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020