One person has died and three others left injured after a gas explosion rocked Palmgroove Estate in Lagos.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed the incident on Monday.
LASEMA’s Director-General, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said the three injured persons have been hospitalised.
Mr Oke-Osanyintolu said that LASEMA received an emergency call at about 6 p.m. on Monday that a gas explosion had occurred at 13C Palmgroove Estate, Cappa Avenue in Lagos.
According to him, upon arrival at the scene of the incident, a gas cylinder used in filling an outdoor air conditioner split unit of a storey building exploded as a result of gas leakage from the cylinder.
“This accident result to the death (sic) of a 30-year-old male, Usman Bello, while the other three men sustained injuries.
The LASEMA Response Team, the Nigeria Police and the Lagos State Fire Service are responders at the scene of incident.
“All the occupants in the building which belong to Mr Dayo Shofolawe, have been evacuated. The scene of incident has been cordoned off to prevent any secondary incident,” Mr Oke-Osanyintolu said.
He, however, urged the residents not to enter into the premises adding that “there were visible cracks on the walls and pillars while recovery operation was still ongoing”.
- It’s Ungodly To Gloat Over My Health – Captain Hosa - October 6, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth II Congratulates Nigeria On 60th Independence Anniversary - September 30, 2020
- #BBNaija: Laycon Receives ₦30m Cash Prize, Other Gifts - September 30, 2020