The President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has assured Nigerians that the abduction of female students of the Government Girls Science Secondary School, Jangebe in Zamfara state, which occurred last Friday, will be the last to happen in Nigeria.
This was disclosed on Sunday, February 28 in a statement by the Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika, who led a high-powered federal government delegation to sympathize with the people and government of Zamfara.
He further stated that new measures had been developed by the federal government which would bring a complete end to all forms of criminality across the country.
He said; “The President is saddened by the abduction of the students from Jangebe and reassures you that the government has all the resources and wherewithal to contain these criminals.
“Buhari also commended Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara’s efforts against armed banditry and promised continued support to bring lasting peace.
“The federal government will continue its partnership with Zamfara government and its citizens in resolving the security challenges facing the state”.
Gov. Matawalle in his part, appreciated Buhari and the federal government’s concern, noting that very soon the abductees would regain their freedom.
“I strongly believe in the president and his effort in fighting all forms of insurgence and urge him to improve on the nation’s security.
“This is by ensuring synergy among the security agencies so that confrontations with criminals can be coordinated on ground and air simultaneously,” the governor said.
Other members of the delegation that went for the visit were, Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Hajiya Sa’adiya Umar-Faruk, and Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs. Pauline Tellan.
- Equities investors gain N127.9bn as NSE close bullish - March 11, 2021
- Nigeria’s Gas Master Plan not obsolete ― Experts - March 10, 2021
- Apple to invest over 1 bn euros in Munich microchip R&D hub - March 10, 2021